Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dear Family and Friends

We have good news! The chemo has done it's job! I will be having surgery on Friday, Oct. 30th at LDS hospital. When I met with the surgeon last week he was very positive. My oncologist called it a "dramatic response" to the chemotherapy. I went in for another MRI and ultrasound which showed that the tumor has completely disappeared and the lymph nodes looked clear. There was one little area in the breast that lit up on the MRI which could either be cancer cells or scar tissue. As a result, they will do a partial mastectomy and only have to take out my sentinel node. This truly is amazing and I have felt a need to repent for hating chemo so much when it was doing me so much good! There is a life lesson in here somewhere!

Thank you for your prayers, for putting my name in the temple, and for your love and support. I know this is an answer to all our prayers and I am very grateful for each and every one of you.

The surgery will be same day surgery so I will even be home in time to pass out Halloween candy to all the Trick or Treaters! Happy Halloween everyone. I love you all.
Cindy

8 comments:

  1. I'm crying as I type this - You did it Cindy!!! You are such an example to me of fortitude and steadfastness. The Lord truly answered all of our prayers. We love you and are so grateful for the outcome!!!! Dave and Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy: What a miracle, and I mean that in the truest sense of the word! Will keep you in prayers for the surgery- Love- Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! that is amazing!!!! so happy for you guys. We love you. We hope some little trick or treaters will come to your door to see you friday night!! lots of love and good luck with the surgery!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are thrilled for your stamina and recovery. We know your surgery will be a breeze compared to the last months. Thankful for the opportunity to pray for you and will keep you there!!
    Love from across the miles, Gary and Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! that is such great news! I will be thinking about you and praying for you and Dr. Minsk on Friday. You have a great surgeon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindy I know this is a answer our prayers I got goosebumps reading your blog. Thanks for letting us be a part of your life. We will continue to keep you and your family in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chemo is no "treat" - but it did the "trick".

    ReplyDelete